Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Show Us Your...... State.

This week the design team was challenged to pick their favorite state and Grapevine Designs (only at Paper Vineyard) went to work custom cutting those states for us to use in our design team projects.  This is what we came up with:

 Everyone, please give a warm welcome to our newest teamie KRISTA!!!  Krista created this WONDERFUL album cover featuring her favorite state of Texas!  And Krista certainly got into the spirit of her favorite state with the red, white and blue coloring as the perfect backdrop for her Grapevine Designs "Texas".  And check out all that stitching!  Woo Wee!

 Marijo is up next with this WONDERFUL two page fall layout!  Perfect timing too with the season change.   Marijo used the Grapevine Designs "Pennsylvania" wording on Bazzill cardstock. She also used her Cricut with Plantin Schoolbook and Creative Memories Cheerful Seasons cartridges finishing everything off with Colorbox Chestnut Roan ink.  As Adriana would say.... "SUWEET"!

Next up is Gayl's enchanting album cover.... she SO good with these!!!  Gayl used  Authentique paper (she loves this stuff), rabbit and "Georgia" cut by  Grapvine Designs, button embellishment, Bazzill bling, incredible stitching, and Diamond Glaze for the glossy finish! Great stuff Gayl!
Mindy, who also worked on an album cover used the "Arizona" Grapevine Designs cut with Mt. Vernon Floral paper by Daisy D's and Mabel "Joy" by My Mind's Eye. She added that special touch by embellishing with ribbon, brads and the beloved HomePro (also known at The Purple Monster).  She inked "Arizona" using Time Holtz alcohol ink in gold.  I'm thinking this is going to be a special, special album!

Pam made this exciting layout using Bazzill cardstock (lily white) as a backdrop, Coredinations for the layered torn border, distress inks from Tim Holtz (Crushed Olive, Barn Door, Rusty Hinge, and Faded Jeans) to color the Grapevine diecut "Alaska", natural chipboard American Crafts Thickers (Sunrise), and Tim Holtz Idea-Ology lavish rosette and ruffle trims.  She finished the beautiful layout by edging the entire page in Colorbox Chestnut Roan.  I'm thinking I could use a trip to the Alaska Zoo... looks like it was a really fun day!
Finally is MY layout.  I just recently returned from my vacation and have THREE locations to include in my scrapbook; one of the locations was Forks, Washington (you all HAVE to know by now that I'm sort of a Twilight freak).  So for this layout I used Adirondack Acrylic Paint to stencil around the word "Washington" directly on the white backing the die cut word came on. I then peeled the word away (to repaint another color and use somewhere else in my book) to reveal what looks like a "mossy" title. I LOVE IT!!! I also used Tim Holtz Forest Moss Distress paper, Tim Holtz Grunge paper that I painted with brown Kaiser Craft Acrylic paint. I also used American Craft Campy Trails Box Park Forest paper as the background and finished this baby off with Purple Monster nailheads..... EVERYWHERE!!! I finished this out with rub on transfers and a Cricut-cut title "Moss" to go with my title cut with the Old West cartridge.  I'm transported right back to my trip in August! :)

So what do you think?  Aren't these albums and layouts PERFECT with the new Grapevine Designs State word cutouts?  These are just one of the MANY new offerings by the new Grapevine Designs at Paper Vineyard.  Swing by and check out ALL the wonderful designs to choose from.  Paper Vineyard is definitely a one-stop-shop for those wonderful memories!!!

5 comments:

  1. I am having a proud mama moment. I love all the samples this week and am thrilled that everyone took the simple chipboard state word and made such amazing projects! Thanks to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adriana - I can't say enough good things about your GrapeVine Designs. I can see myself using it all the time; the ready to use and designs of my own imagination. I love that I can have a unique piece done without a huge investment. This is a wonderful service you now provide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am loving the new Grapevine Designs! It just seems like you keep coming out with more and more to choose from - the possibilities are endless! Love the custom qualities of these, and how beautiful they are to incorporate in our designs! :o)

    ReplyDelete