Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Beauty Repurposed

Hiya Blogland!!! Danielle a.k.a. FitterTwit back from my 3 WEEK vacation!!! WOW! I cannot believe that I was away that long! And in looking back over the past few weeks, I can tell I missed A LOT of good stuff!!!! This week the design team was challenged to recycle or repurpose items for their crafting. Luckily I didn't miss ALL the good stuff. Let's see what they came up with!

Marijo created this WONDERFUL blingy keepsake that started out it's life as a steel cut oatmeal container.  Impressive Marijo!!!!  Marijo used Pink Bazzill Polka Dot paper, Glitter paper, EK Success border punch, Grapevine Designs Custom "Treasured Moments", Teresa Collins trim and miscellaneous items from her stash.

Next up is Gayl's scraptastic mini book!!!  Gayl really took this challenge to a whole new level creating this GORGEOUS creation using NOTHING but scraps and "re-dos"!!!  This project includes scraps from Bo Bunny, Kaiser Craft and Imaginations.  I LOVE how she revisited the quilting technique from our beloved Jean's class.  AWESOME project Gayl!!!

Next is Mindy's ADORABLE tag!!!!  I just love how much she loves the beloved Purple Monster (American Tag Home Pro.... see my upcoming class featuring this AWESOMELY FUN tool on September 24th)!  In keeping with this challenge, Mindy ALSO did some serious repurposing!  Mindy's project includes a recycled tag from Paper Vineyard (we carry tags in different sizes and colors), Fancy Pants Shadows paper and Bazzill cardstock.  the pocket was created using recycled fabric and recycled eyelet trim. Flowers: note worthy blossoms from Making Memories.  Two thumbs up Mindy!!!

And last but certainly not least is Pam's AWESOME plaque!  Pam actually included a little mini tutorial for her recycled masterpiece:  "I painted the Kaiser Craft Long French Plaque with Shimmerz Blingz in Hottie Pink and sprinkled with Glitter Ritz in Warm Highlights.
I decoupaged Crate Paper patterned paper on the front and back surfaces, then fussy cut flowers from the same paper and decoupaged them on as well for dimension (Mod Podge). Letter are from JilliBean Soup (corrugated cardboard) and My Mind's Eye Lush (chipboard blue flocked and then spritzed with Shimmerz in Rockafella Blue. Flowers are Petaloo by Flora Doodles and Prima Craftables spritzed with Shimmerz in Bed of Roses. For the frame I layered a chipboard die cut with patterned paper (all from Crate Paper), then traced the vine pattern with my Sakura glue pen and sprinkled with Elizabeth Craft Design GlitterRitz in several colors to get the bronze color. I trimmed the interior of the frame and the edges of the plaque with KaiserCraft pearls, and used an SEI metal-trimmed pearl to dot the 'i'!"  Incredible project Pam!!!

Well, that does is for today's post.  I sure did miss this massively creative design team while I was gone and they've certainly inspired me to get on repurposing some stuff.... I might have to start with all the Ziploc bags I used for packing on my trip! ;)  See you all next week!

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME projects ladies!!! would love to play along. maybe will have time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete